Japanese Pottery with Craftsmen!
- Create your dish or teacup or anything you want with full support of professional craftsmen.
- Learn how to use professional tools and facilities to create your original pottery!
- A professional English speaking guide accompanies you.
You will enjoy creating your original works of pottery.
Whether experieced or not, you will actually use perfect clay and a hand-powered potter's wheel to form your own work with your hands. This is the course for you to feel the heart of Japanese pottery.
Why don't you be an artist at the traditional pottery workshop of Kyoto?
•Decide what you want to create.
•Put clay on a hand-powered potter's wheel and fix its shape with a potter's support.
•Create more potteries of your own.
•Pick one from all the potteries you've made and a projessional potter will paint and finish it for you.
•It will be set in a kiln.
•Your work will be shipped to your home. (Shipping charge is required.)
You can visit and see how professional potters make their masterpieces right in front of your eys.
Of course, you can purchase their potteries at the site. How about taking one home for your souvenir?
- Duration：1 hour
- Number of Participates：1~30 person
- Available on : (10:00~16:00)
- Meeting Point：
JR Nara(奈良) line Tofukuji(東福寺) station, main gate 【MAP】
- Please make a reservation at least one week in advance.
- Shipping fee
- Asia: 2700 Yen
- Oceania, North & Central America: 3600 Yen
- Europe: 4150 Yen
- South America, Africa: 6200 Yen
- Fees listed above are samples for two customers. The fee would vary by distance from Japan and number of customers.
- It takes one month approximately to be sent.
as long-established potters, it is essential for us that people know its craft historical procedure and have fun along with learning kyoto tradition.
we help you touching and feeling its traditional work, and wish you would make your original fantastic pottery!