Calligraphy -Making Original "Uchiwa"-
- Take a private lesson from a female calligrapher, ever awarded the No. 1 calligrapher in Japan.
- Try calligraphy on Japanese paper, which you can take back home!
- Learn and write your name in Japanese and/or Chinese character!
First, you will receive a brief lecture on calligraphy. Next, you will start practicing calligraphy from simple Japanese characters including hiiragana and kanji characters. The instructor will give you easy-to-understand advice on how to write them well. Then, you will learn how to write your name! The instructor will demonstrate how to write your name in kanji. Then try it yourself! Lastly, write whatever you like on a paper fan. Be creative since you will take your works back home to show and tell your family and friends.
Thank you for making your calligraphy class one the highlights of my visit to Kyoto.
I not only learned more about yet another amazing side of the Japanese culture, but also got a chance to meet some very nice people :)
- Duration：1.5 hours
- Number of Participates：1~5 person
- Available on : Tue,Wed,Fri,Sat,Sun (9:00~21:00)
- Meeting Point：
JR Sagano(嵯峨野) Line Hanazono(花園) Station, main gate. 【MAP】
Please come with casual clothes which you would not mind getting dirty.
Please make your reservation at least two days in advance.
Calligraphy is my life. Since I was young, I have only been drawing. Once I did street performances in Italy. Please enjoy Calligraphy and feel Japanese culture. Looking forward to seeing you